Who we are
All Gold is the engineering and ecommerce team behind the world's largest online brands. We've built critical behind-the-scenes infrastructure for record-setting merchants in footwear and apparel since 2010. We specialize in ecommerce for high-demand products that sell out quickly due to popularity or limited availability.
How we work
We are a small and effective remote team (currently 8 people), based in New York with team members in San Francisco and the United Kingdom. We don't have office politics and try to minimize the amount of interruptions and meetings. We communicates mostly through slack and video chats as needed. We use Github to manage our repos, and Jira to manage tickets and sprints.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Front-end engineer to join our remote development team. Ideally looking for candidates in the New York region. Your focus will be on front-end development of a large Shopify theme, a static site, and other internal tools. Although we act as an agency with multiple accounts, this role will be focused on only one codebase for a fashion brand owned by a publicly traded company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain high-quality, responsive, and scalable web applications.
- Complete refactor of existing frontend code.
- Build automated testing using Cypress.
- Translate UI/UX designs into functional and accessible front-end code.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, performance, and scalability.
- Identify and troubleshoot performance and usability issues.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging front-end technologies, tools, and best practices.
- Communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and clients.
- Complete JIRA tickets and participate in weekly dev standups.
- Remote based in New York City area for infrequent bi-monthly meetings in Soho, NYC.
- 4+ years of experience in front-end development
- Shopify Theme and API Experience
- Sanity CMS Experience
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes
- Experience with responsive and mobile-first design principles
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of Cypress or other component testing
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and techniques
- An eye for clean design
Within 1 month you will...
- Learn the existing stack
- Improve scheduled deployments
- Update faster live previews
- Build automated testing using Cypress
Within 3 months you will...
- Re-write front end for content site
- Re-write front end for Shopify Theme and Preview site
- Setup a system for sharing components between Theme and preview site
Within 6 months you will...
- Migrate project from sanity v2 to v3
- Continue to write automated test suite
- Improvements to the content site + theme
What we're offering
- Full time or part time job opportunity
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Flexible working schedule to set your own working hours
- Minimal meetings, dev standups three times a week
We are currently interviewing for a start date in April 2023. Please submit your application today.
How to apply
Please email [email protected] with the subject line "Front-end engineer". Include your linkedin and github profile along with any relevant work experience. All Gold is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to work. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.