Lead Test Engineer
All Gold is the engineering and ecommerce team behind the world's largest online brands. We've built critical behind-the-scenes infrastructure for record-setting merchants in footwear and apparel since 2010. We specialize in ecommerce for high-demand products that sell out quickly due to popularity or limited availability.
How we work
We are a small and effective remote team (currently 8 people), based in New York with team members in San Francisco and the United Kingdom. We don't have office politics and try to minimize the amount of interruptions and meetings. We communicates mostly through slack and video chats as needed. We use GitHub to manage our repos, and Jira to manage tickets and sprints.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Lead Test Engineer to join our remote development team. Ideally, you are New York based, but we are open to all regions. Your focus will be on QA testing for a large ecommerce integration project using Typescript, AWS Serverless, and Shopify. Although we act as an agency with multiple accounts, this role will be focused on only one codebase for a fashion brand owned by a publicly traded company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be an ambassador to drive quality within the team.
- Lead the effort expanding our test suite, with help from product engineers.
- Lead testing activities, including integration, performance, acceptance, and usability testing.
- Focus on automation (design, develop and execute automation scripts based).
- Get to know the full stack and identify areas with low test coverage or cumbersome workflows.
- Become familiar with production flows, to build realistic and impactful tests.
- Focus on both front end and back end testing.
- Complete JIRA tickets and participate in weekly dev standups.
- Automate tests and processes whenever appropriate in order remove boring repetitive tasks.
- Organize manual testing efforts where we don't yet have existing test coverage.
- Remote, but based in New York City area for infrequent bi-monthly meetings in Soho, NYC.
- AWS Serverless Experience
- Excellent knowledge of testing concepts, architecture and practices
- Solid engineering background
- 3+ years of experience in automation
- Cypress Experience
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes
Nice to haves
- Shopify API Experience
- Sanity CMS Experience
What we're offering
- Full time or part time job opportunity
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Flexible working schedule to set your own working hours
- Minimal meetings, dev standups three times a week
How to apply
Please email [email protected] with subject line "Lead Test Engineer". Include your LinkedIn and GitHub profile along with any relevant work experience.
All Gold is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to work. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.